Financial Accountant – Manufacturing and Supply
Hansa Biopharma is looking for a Financial Accountant who will have the responsibility to define, implement and run the accounting as well as the financial planning and reporting framework and processes around Hansa’s commercial supply chain and manufacturing, in accordance with IAS/IFRS and Hansa’s general accounting policies. The position is full-time and you will report to the Head of Finance, whilst working in close collaboration with colleagues in Supply Chain, the accounting and controlling teams.
Responsibilities and key tasks:
- Maintain appropriate and accurate accounting as well as financial planning and reporting framework and processes related to the commercial manufacturing and supply activities of Hansa Biopharma
- Work with, perform and support the monthly, quarterly and annual closing, including annual reporting (e.g. accruals, inventories, sales, COGS and reconciliations) in accordance with IAS/IFRS
- Be responsible for determining and implementing/improving manufacturing/product cost and inventory accounting in cooperation with the Supply Chain team, generating cost accounting reports, establishing and documenting related policies and procedures, assisting with budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Financial inventory management, sales and COGS controlling in close collaboration with Supply Chain
- Develop, implement and maintain SOX ready internal controls system in the area of responsibility
- Support European VAT and local tax compliance processes and compiling local VAT returns in different countries
- Propose and support implementations of process improvements and efficiencies
- Assist with annual audit requests from the Company’s external auditors
Professional qualifications and experience
We believe you have a university degree in accounting or similar relevant finance discipline and at least 5 years of hands-on experience in accounting or cost accounting in an international business, with a focus on manufacturing/supply chain. You have in-depth knowledge and understanding of international GAAP for manufacturing/product cost/inventory accounting.
You have proven yourself in a financial accounting role and have the ability and will to further develop yourself and the financial accounting role with focus on manufacturing/supply chain. You have excellent knowledge of Excel and is fully fluent in spoken and written English, fluency in Swedish is advantageous. You have strong proficiency in ERP systems such as D365 (preferred), SAP, JD Edwards or similar fully integrated systems.
Who are you?
The working environment at Hansa Biopharma is positive, international and dynamic and requires you to be a resilient and motivated person with a positive “Can Do” attitude. You need to be a hands-on team player with great communication skills and cultural understanding. Structure and attention to details is natural for you as well as the ability to prioritize, lead projects and make your deadlines. Through your experience you have also acquired great business acumen and commercial awareness.
What Hansa Biopharma offer:
- A position in a company that envisions a world where patients with rare immunological diseases lead long and healthy lives.
- The chance to be part of a growing commercial-stage, yet innovative R&D-driven organisation with a strong desire to make a difference for people.
- An opportunity to build a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with global outreach.
- An open-minded and welcoming atmosphere. Hansa Biopharma care about its employees and are immensely proud to have been certified “A Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work®, a global authority on workplace culture, employee experience and leadership behavior.
- Friendly, motivated and skilled colleagues with whom you can both laugh and work.
- Hansa Biopharma promote flexible working and a positive work-life balance, so remote working will be possible some of the time.
About the Company
Hansa Biopharma is a fast-growing biopharmaceutical company that is developing immunomodulatory treatments for enabling transplantations, rare immunoglobulin G (IgG)-mediated autoimmune conditions, gene therapy and cancer. The Company’s lead product candidate, imlifidase, has been granted conditional approval in the European Union to desensitise highly sensitised adult kidney transplant patients with a positive crossmatch against an available deceased donor. Commercial launch of imlifidase in select European countries is ongoing.
Hansa’s research and development program is also advancing the Company’s enzyme technology to develop the next generation of IgG-cleaving enzymes with potentially lower immunogenicity, rendering them suitable for repeat dosing in relapsing autoimmune diseases and oncology. Hansa Biopharma is based in Lund, Sweden and has operations in other European countries and the US.
Application and contact information
For further information about this position and the recruitment process, please contact Magnus Mellborg, Recruitment Consultant at SJR at 0766-471618.
As selections and interviews are made on an ongoing basis, please send your application in English as soon as possible. Unfortunately we are unable to review applications made in other languages.
We use psychological and skills-based tests as part of the selection process to ensure an open-minded and fair recruitment process.
Keep in mind that your application should not contain sensitive personal information, such as information about health, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions or trade union affiliation.
In the event that the position applied for entails financial responsibility a credit report will be carried out regarding the final candidate.
For information regarding GDPR and data retention policy: https://sjr.se/gdpr/integritet...